ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-policyimpl-wg]

[gnso-policyimpl-wg] Reminder to review WG progress

  • To: "gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-policyimpl-wg] Reminder to review WG progress
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2014 12:45:31 +0000

I have been personally very pleased with the progress made in our
teleconference meetings but the participation relative to our total WG
membership has been very low.  Marika informed me that for our call last week
there were 7 participants out of 42 WG members with 3 GNSO constituencies and 1
GNSO stakeholder group not represented).  I understand that everyone is very
busy and that this is a time of year when many are taking vacation/holiday
time.  Please enjoy your time away from work but I also want to encourage
everyone to stay abreast of the WG progress.

I want to repeat something most of you have heard me say before:  It is the
responsibility of WG members to listen to meeting recordings, read list
communications and review document updates when a meeting is missed.  The
leadership team will assume that everyone is doing that and that each of you
will communicate any items of disagreement in a timely manner.  If we do not
see any points of disagreement, we will assume that there are none and the
progress made is supported by those who did not participate on live calls.
We are now getting closer to developing actual recommendations so it is more
important than ever that we have assurances that all stakeholders are
represented and that issues and concerns are addressed in near real time.  This
will help us avoid the problem of getting near the end of our work and
discovering that some groups or individuals oppose decisions made by the WG
months before.  It is also critical that each of us who represent a broader
group keep those in that group informed of key issues that may impact them and
solicit their feedback on a regular basis as needed.

If anyone has any questions or comments on this, please feel free to let the
leadership team know.  Thanks for your cooperation.

Chuck
“This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that
is non-public, proprietary, privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure
under applicable law or may be constituted as attorney work product. If you are
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use,
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, notify sender
immediately and delete this message immediately.”