ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-policyimpl-wg]

[gnso-policyimpl-wg] Attendance and Recording Policy and Implementation WG meeting - 10 December 2014

  • To: "gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-policyimpl-wg] Attendance and Recording Policy and Implementation WG meeting - 10 December 2014
  • From: Terri Agnew <terri.agnew@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 23:16:44 +0000

Dear All,

The next Policy and Implementation Working Group teleconference is scheduled
next week on Wednesday 17 December at 20:00 UTC for 1 hour.

Please find the MP3 recording for the Policy and Implementation Working
group call held on Wednesday 10 December 2014 at 20:00 UTC at:

 <http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-policy-implementation-20141210-en.mp3>
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-policy-implementation-20141210-en.mp3

On page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#dec>
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#dec

Calendar page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/> http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

Cheryl Langdon-Orr - At-Large

Amr Elsadr - NCUC

Chuck Gomes - RySG

Greg Shatan - IPC

Alan Greenberg-ALAC

Stephanie Perrin - NCUC

Klaus Stoll- NPOC

Michael Graham - IPC

Tom Barrett - RrSG

Apologies:

Avri Doria - NCSG

Anne Aikman-Scalese - IPC

Olevie Kouami - NPOC

J.Scott Evans - BC

ICANN staff:

Marika Konings

Amy Bivins

Karen Lentz

Steve Chan

Berry Cobb

Terri Agnew

 Wiki page:  <https://community.icann.org/x/y1V-Ag>
https://community.icann.org/x/y1V-Ag

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri Agnew

Adobe Chat Transcript for Wednesday 10 December 2014

      Marika Konings:Welcome to the Policy & Implementation Working Group
Meeting of 10 December 2014

  Greg Shatan:I am here and on the phone.

  Alan Greenberg:Don't understand why Marika is worried about this. It is
not like she is involved with any other ongoing important projects!

  Stephanie Perrin:I agree....more useful to get a penultimate draft out to
engender discussion as this stuff is sometimes a bit difficult to
understand.

  Marika Konings:@Alan: :-P

  Terri Agnew:Amr Elsadr has joined

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Absolutly agree @Chuck

  Terri Agnew:Michael Graham has joined

  Marika Konings:Michael, can you let us know when you are on audio?

  Marika Konings:Chuck is having connectivity problems and would like to
turn the meeting over to you.

  Terri Agnew:Welcome Tom Barrett

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Thanks Marika that would be helpful

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:agree @Stephanie

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:YES!

  Marika Konings:Fully agree with Amr - a request may be made to several
groups at the same time. It would be up to those groups to identify whether
they have further questions and want a liaison.

  Marika Konings:You cannot require any other SO/AC to provide a liaison,
you can nicely ask them to do so ;-)

  Amr Elsadr:We don't want to scare folks off by making them think we have
all these rules built around how they can ask us questions!! :)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Point of Contact  works

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:with a "Pleae provde to GNSO Coincil a Point of
Contact"  works

  Stephanie Perrin:That was certainly my understanding of the term....happy
with point of contact if it is less scary.  Further, a liaison does not in
my book mean the world's best expert....just needs to know the questions.

  Marika Konings:Noted

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Of course the term 'Liaison' may have specific meaning
in some requestors own rules

  Marika Konings:No, I don't think a liaison 'counts' as a Council member
(according to the Bylaws)

  Alan Greenberg:Definitely not. Liaisons are very explicitly not Members of
the Council.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:INDEED!

  Alan Greenberg:Which does not alter the fact that for much of my 8 years,
I was gennerally treated as a (lower case) member...

  Chuck Gomes:One Councilor objection seems okay to me

  Amr Elsadr:I would think one objection is enough to trigger a vote.

  Amr Elsadr:But wouldn't mind sending a question about it out during public
comment.

  Chuck Gomes:@ Alan:  You were a very good lower case member!

  Alan Greenberg:{blush}

  Chuck Gomes::)

  Alan Greenberg:Actually

  Alan Greenberg:{blush}

  Stephanie Perrin:Does propose have a defined meaning?

  Amr Elsadr:Wouldn't a council motion to approve a submitted GIP request be
necessary?

  Amr Elsadr:On the consent agenda?

  Marika Konings:No - the idea would be that it could be started without a
formal vote or motion (think for example about the public comment that has
been prepared on the nominating commitee report)

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Agree @Chuck  all 3 processes

  Amr Elsadr:@Marika: OK. similar to a preliminary issues report? I think
that sounds good.

  Marika Konings:Preliminary Issue Report does require a motion and vote

  Amr Elsadr:Yeah. I figured that was the comparable context here as well. I
think that works.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I have anither cauys  will stay here in aC onlyll
coming in now g

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Here  ONKY in AC  now  no audio from me...  Got another
AC Meeting started

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Sorry

  Amr Elsadr:To what extent is it necessary to seek input from other SOs/ACs
for a GIP?

  Alan Greenberg:I am presenting at another meeting in a few minutes and
need to leave now. Sorry.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:We are ready to start soon@Alan

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Bye  Thanks  Michael / Chic  Thanks all

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Chic = ChUck

  Amr Elsadr:Bye.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:bye