ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-policyimpl-wg]

Re: [gnso-policyimpl-wg] For your review - updated public comment review tool

  • To: "gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-policyimpl-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-policyimpl-wg] For your review - updated public comment review tool
  • From: Amr Elsadr <aelsadr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 13:33:41 +0200

Hi,

I would be in favour of keeping the Council voting threshold to
terminate/suspend a GGP at a simple majority, and adding the language Marika is
proposing below.

Having said that, I have to admit that I am finding this discussion very
interesting. I believe Anne has made some very important points. If the GNSO
fails to provide the Board with guidance using a GGP, the Board will most
likely need to make a decision without it. However, I still don’t see how
raising the Council voting threshold to terminate/suspend a GGP will assist in
mitigating this risk. How would this increase the likelihood of GGP
recommendations achieving the necessary consensus level to pass along guidance
to the Board?

On the other hand, giving the Council the flexibility it needs to correct its
course, and enable to the GNSO to come up with answers by other means (perhaps
using a different process) may be more helpful.

Just some thoughts.

Thanks.

Amr