ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-policyimpl-wg]

[gnso-policyimpl-wg] Re: [gnso-policyimpl-wg] Proposed ICANN Bylaws Amendments‹GNSO Policy & Implementation Recommendations

  • To: Greg Shatan <gregshatanipc@xxxxxxxxx>, "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-policyimpl-wg] Re: [gnso-policyimpl-wg] Proposed ICANN Bylaws Amendments‹GNSO Policy & Implementation Recommendations
  • From: Mary Wong <mary.wong@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 17:35:31 +0000

Hello again everyone,

To add to Chuck’s comment and Marika’s previous note mentioned by Amr, the
language of the GNSO Council resolution adopting the principles developed by
this WG is as follows:

"The GNSO Council adopts the 'Policy & Implementation Principles /
Requirements' as outlined in section 4 of the Final Recommendations Report
and recommends that the ICANN Board of Directors also (a) adopts these
principles / requirements and (b) instructs ICANN staff to follow these
accordingly to help guide any future GNSO policy and implementation related
work."

The same language was also used in the Council’s adoption of the principles
regarding implementation, and there was a further resolved clause that
recommended a review of the recommendations every five years.

As Marika has also noted, we will follow up with the Board when it comes to
consider adoption of the recommendations after the public comment review
period for the proposed Bylaws amendment closes.

This doesn’t preclude the possibility of adding them to the GNSO’s Operating
Procedures at some subsequent point, of course, though the Procedures are
largely focused on mechanisms and procedural rules. FYI, policy staff has
begun looking through the procedures, to see if there may be a need to
update some of them following recent changes (such as to the public comment
period) and in preparation for any related discussions that the GNSO Council
and community may wish to have following the Final Report on the GNSO
Review. We’ll be sure to carry forward the points raised by Amr and Greg
should these take place.

Cheers
Mary

Mary Wong