ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ppsc-pdp]

Re: [gnso-ppsc-pdp] FW: Still working to find a meeting time

  • To: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>, Gnso-ppsc-pdp@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-ppsc-pdp] FW: Still working to find a meeting time
  • From: "J. Scott Evans" <jscottevans@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 15:17:15 -0700 (PDT)

On the issue of a permanent Chair, I would like to publicly go on the record in
support of Jeff.  Jeff has, so far, done an incredible job of moving this
process forward in a neutral and transparent manner.  I realize that there was
some concern raised in Mexico City about a perception issue due to perceived
conflicts of interest.  Frankly, I think that label could apply to almost
everyone who is an ACTIVE participant in ICANN working groups.  If this model
is going to work, we have to have neutral chairs (even though they may have a
stake in the outcome).  If this concept is flawed, I would argue we need to
know sooner rather than later.  I trust that Jeff will continue to be neutral
and impartial (as I hope to be in the WGWT); however, if he cannot be (which I
sincerely doubt) then we need to know that this concept is flawed NOW, before
we get too far down the road with these improvements.

In short, I know I don't have a vote, but I would encourage each of you to
strongly consider Jeff as the Chair of the PDPWT.

Kind regards.

J. Scott Evans

 j. scott evans | senior legal director, global brand & trademark | Yahoo! Inc.