ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ppsc-pdp]

RE: [gnso-ppsc-pdp] Recommendation #45: WG Self-Assessment

  • To: "James M. Bladel" <jbladel@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "PPSC List " <Gnso-ppsc-pdp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-ppsc-pdp] Recommendation #45: WG Self-Assessment
  • From: "Diaz, Paul" <pdiaz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 09:15:14 -0500

I think this captures the WT's positions very well.  I suggest adding
another clause to the final sentence that reflects the WT's ambiguity
re: who should carry out the assessment (Chair, Liaison and/or WG
participants).  That's something that will need to be addressed, or else
we risk lopsided assessments that won't really help the community learn
from the particular experience.

Perhaps the recommendation could look something like this:

The PDP Work Team notes that several documents, including the PPSC-WG WT
and the WG Guidelines, reference a "Working Group Self-Assessment,"
which all WGs are encouraged to conduct.  The Work Team believes that
this could be a valuable exercise, and encourages PDP WGs to complete a
candid and objective self-assessment at the conclusion of their work.
However, the Work Team also notes that there is no standard or template
for such an assessment, nor clear guidance on who (Chair, Liaison and/or
all WG participants) should conduct the assessment, and recommends that
these guidelines be developed.