ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ppsc-pdp]

Re: [gnso-ppsc-pdp] Questions / comments

  • To: "'marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx'" <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>, "'gnso-ppsc-pdp@xxxxxxxxx'" <gnso-ppsc-pdp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-ppsc-pdp] Questions / comments
  • From: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 07:37:05 -0500

All,

I am on blackberry for much of the day today. These are personal comments.

Let me caution that everyone should read the text in the comments I sent
around, because they way they are called out in this e-mail sound different
than how I put them in the comments when you look at context in the report
itself.

So for example, although I added some things back to the bylaws, there is still
considerably much less detail in the bylaws than in the Manual. So, unlike the
question below, there is no contradiction as the question in the last bullet
states. In other words, yes there should be less detail in the bylaws, but that
does not mean the bylaws should be void of any details on the process. We need
a balance.

We can add a general footnote or question in the solicitation for public
comment asking in general what members of the public think should be in the
bylaws vs. Manual.

On a separate note, I wanted key new things that the pdp wt was recommending to
be included in the exec sum and/or list of recommendations so that those who
read the report actually see them. If just hidden in the manual, I am afraid
they won't be seen and commented on. So I went through the report to look at
what was new and where I found new things, commented that they should be called
out.

I hope that helps.
Jeffrey J. Neuman, Esq.
Vice President, Law & Policy