ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ppsc-pdp]

Re: [gnso-ppsc-pdp] Questions / comments - the meaning of "act"

  • To: "Gnso-ppsc-pdp@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-ppsc-pdp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-ppsc-pdp] Questions / comments - the meaning of "act"
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 20:47:37 +0100

Dear Jeff,

Oh course, I just want to _insist_ that the highlighting is done fairly and
properly.  This is an issue I feel very strongly about and is an issue that I
seen crop up in a couple of places now and one I feel I must be very clear
about.

For example, in recommendation 42, I find that differentiation along the lines
of narrow and broad is prejudicial.  i also fined the explanation to be in
error.  It is not the case that the "even if it was not approved by the
required GNSO voting threshold"  but rather that "even if it was approved by a
required majority GNSO voting threshold as allowed in the current By-laws
instead of the supermajority threshold as also allowed in the current By-laws).
   I apologize for not having pointed this out earlier, but until this
discussio, I did not fully realize the prejudice contained in the current
wording.  Ie. the discussion made me study it more closely.  and I thank you
for that.

Note:   while looking for the text in questions, which I never found i found
the following

>  Recommendation 1.
>
> The PDP-WT discussed whether the voting thresholds currently n place

should be 'in place'

a.