ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ppsc-pdp]

RE: [gnso-ppsc-pdp] For your review - updated version of PDP-WT Final Report

  • To: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>, Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>, "Gnso-ppsc-pdp@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-ppsc-pdp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-ppsc-pdp] For your review - updated version of PDP-WT Final Report
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 23:17:03 -0400

As I pointed out in my message, the same logic would deny the ability to delay to the two NCAs in the Houses. Be we inconsistently chose to not do that to preserve the clean rule (voting Councillors). I think that it sends a really wrong message about how NCAs are valued (perhaps an accurate message, but not one that we should be proud of).

A single Councillor who wants the time to consider an issue should be given the same courtesy as a Const. or SG. In the latters, the deliberations can be delegated to a non-Councillor who may have more time. The NCA does not have that flexibility.

Alan