ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ppsc-wg]

RE: [gnso-ppsc-wg] RE: [gnso-ppsc] Updated interim PPSC work team rules

  • To: Tim Ruiz <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-ppsc@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-ppsc@xxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-ppsc-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-ppsc-wg@xxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-ppsc-pdp@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-ppsc-pdp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-ppsc-wg] RE: [gnso-ppsc] Updated interim PPSC work team rules
  • From: Liz Gasster <liz.gasster@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 13:25:46 -0800

Mike, Tim and all,

On last week's PPSC call, the group discussed at length the concern you both
identify below, and asked me to summarize where the group came out on its
discussion.  Though the group appreciated the rationale behind trying to define
the term "rough consensus" (and others) with more specificity, ultimately I
believe the group concluded that adding greater granularity would complicate
rather than minimize the potential challenges of making these determinations.
In light of your concern, the group has suggested adding the last sentence to
the following:

Decision Making:   The WTPPSC WT shall function on the basis of “rough
consensus” meaning that all points of view will be discussed until the Chair
can ascertain that the point of view is understood and has been covered.  Rough
consensus is not necessarily measured by numbers alone.

The full text in "track changes" is attached for the group's full review.  This
text is also posted to the PPSC workspace:
https://st.icann.org/icann-ppsc/index.cgi?policy_process_steering_committee_ppsc

And PDP and WG team spaces:
https://st.icann.org/icann-ppsc/index.cgi?pdp_team

https://st.icann.org/icann-ppsc/index.cgi?working_group_team