ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ppsc-wg]

[gnso-ppsc-wg] Revised attendance list for Saturday 28 Feb:Working Group Model Team participants and SoIs

  • To: "gnso-ppsc-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-ppsc-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-ppsc-wg] Revised attendance list for Saturday 28 Feb:Working Group Model Team participants and SoIs
  • From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 14:43:33 -0800

Dear All,

Please find the Working Group Model Team participants below in alphabetic order.

Statements of Interest have been received for all the participants.

The statements of interest will be entered on the Wiki
https://st.icann.org/icann-ppsc/index.cgi?policy_process_steering_committee_ppsc

The staff support is Rob Hoggarth and Liz Gasster.

Provisional draft agenda

a. February 28, 2009 - 9:00am - 12:00 pm (Local Mexico Time)
i. 9:00am - 10:15am: PPSC + 2 Work Teams
1. Introductions
2. Current PDP Review
3. Board Concerns with current PDP
4. Brainstorm session on PPSC Work Team members' perceptions of current PDP
ii. 10:15 am - 10:30 am - Break
iii. 10:30 am - 12:00 pm - Individual Work Team Meetings
b. March 1, 2009 (Time TBD) - Full meeting of PPSC plus 2 Work Teams

Remote participation will be arranged and the details will be published shortly.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if I have missed anything.

Thank you.
Kind regards,

Glen

Participants:
================
1. Nacho Amadoz - gTLD Registry constituency  .cat*

2. Iliya Bazlyankov - Individual - Bulgaria - remote participation

3. Zac Brandstater - Individual - Australia

4. Bertrand de la Chapelle - Government Advisory Committee

5. Avri Doria - Nominating Committee Appointee*

6. J. Scott Evans - Intellectual Property constituency - Interim Chair *

7. Caroline Greer - gTLD Registry constituency .mobi*

8. Zahid Jamil - Commercial and Business Users constituency*

9. Konstantinos Komaitis - Non Commercial Users constituency - absent, apologies

10. Cheryl Langdon-Orr - At-Large Advisory Committee chair - conflict with
At-Large summit

11. Alexey Mykhaylov - Registrar constituency*

12. Jeff Neuman - gTLD Registry constituency*

13. Mike O'Connor - Commercial and Business Users constituency  - remote
participation

14. Tim Ruiz - Registrar constituency*

15. Alexei Sozonov - Registrar constituency - Sunday

16. S. Subbiah - Individual*

1. Statement of interest of Nacho Amadoz

.       The participant's current vocation, employer and position

Legal & Policies manager of .cat

.       The type of work performed in the bullet above

Supervision of the activities of the Registry from the legal perspective.
Represent the Registry whenever required.

.       Identify any financial ownership or senior management/leadership
interest in registries, registrars or other entities that are stakeholders or
interested parties in ICANN or any entity with which ICANN has a transaction,
contract, or other arrangement

Part of the management team of .cat. No financial ownerships in any ICANN
interested party.

.       Identify any type of commercial interest in ICANN GNSO policy
development outcomes. Is the participant representing other parties?

The policy outcome may affect the interests of the .cat Registry

.       Describe any arrangements or agreements between the participant and any
other group, constituency or person(s) regarding the participant's service as a
participant in any ICANN policy making process.

None

.Participants must update their Statements of Interest whenever their
circumstances change.

Ok

2. Iliya Bazlyankov - Individual
===================================

1.       Current vocation, employer and position

Main system administrator and head of "Internet services" section at UNICART
Ltd.  (www.unicart.bg) I am also the chair of Association UNINET - association
of web hosting companies, representing common interests.

2, Type of work performed in 1 above

Main project is Regia (www.regia.bg) - website for domain registrations, owned
by UNICART Ltd. I lead the project and arrange ccTLD accreditations for UNICART
Ltd.

3.  Identify any financial ownership or senior management/leadership interest
in registries, registrars or other firms that are interested parties in ICANN
policy or any entity with which ICANN has a transaction, contract, or other
arrangement

I am the head of "Internet services" at UNICART Ltd., currently I am
responsible for management of Regia (www.regia.bg). Unicart is funding Regia
and all the accreditations and work.
I am the chair of Association UNINET (association of web hosting companies).
UNINET is being funded by all its members.
UNINET or UNICART Ltd. doesn`t have a direct contract with ICANN. Even there
aren`t any ICANN accredited registrars in Bulgaria.

4. Identify any type of commercial interest in ICANN GNSO policy development
outcomes.  Are you representing other parties?

Association UNINET is interested in the new gTLD process and is thinking of
making an application for new gTLDs for Bulgaria. We are following the new GTLD
policy at ICANN.

5. Describe any arrangements or agreements between you and any other group,
constituency or person(s) regardingyour nomination or selection as a work team
member.

I fully represent UNICART Ltd. for all Internet services, and the Association
UNINET for all ICANN related issues. Members of the association are two of the
biggest Bulgarian web hosting companies. (Regia is smaller.)

3. Zac Brandstater - Individual
===============================

1. Student: University of Western Australia
2. Studying Electrical and Electronic Engineering in conjuction with a Commerce
degree majoring in Management and Human Resource Management.
Am about to commence my fourth(4th) year of study.
3. None.
4. No, this is purely an individual venture.
5. No arrangements, agreements or discussions have been made regarding my
interest. Again, it is purely an individual venture.

4. Bertrand de La Chapelle - GAC
=============================

1.       Current vocation, employer and position

Special Envoy for the Information Society, French Ministry of Foreign and
European Affairs

2.       Type of work performed in 1 above

French representative in international processes dealing with information
society issues, in particular post-WSIS processes such as CSTD, IGF and ICANN
(currently one of the GAC Vice-Chairs).

3.       Identify any financial ownership or senior management/leadership
interest in registries, registrars or other firms that are interested parties
in ICANN policy or any entity with which ICANN has a transaction, contract, or
other  arrangement

None

4.       Identify any type of commercial interest in ICANN GNSO policy
development outcomes.  Are you representing other parties?

None. Not representing any other party.

5.       Describe any arrangements or agreements between you and any other
group, constituency or person(s) regarding your nomination or selection as a
work team member.

Agreed as GAC liaison/observer for gNSO refom processes.

5. Avri Doria - NCA
=======================
http://gnso.icann.org/council/soi/doria-soi-02jan09.shtml

6. J. Scott Evans - Intellectual Property Interests Constituency

.    The participant's current vocation, employer and position

    ATTORNEY, YAHOO! INC., SENIOR LEGAL DIRECTOR GLOBAL BRAND & TRADEMARKS

.    The type of work performed in the bullet above

        Trademark clearance, Prosecution and Maintenance; Advertising Review,
Copyright Clearance and Registration; IP Policy

.    Identify any financial ownership or senior management/leadership interest
in registries, registrars or other entities that are stakeholders or interested
parties in ICANN or any entity with which ICANN has a transaction, contract, or
other arrangement

    To my knowledge, none.

.    Identify any type of commercial interest in ICANN GNSO policy development
outcomes. Is the participant representing other parties?

       YAHOO! Does act a reseller of Domain Names for MELBOURNE IT; however, my
work in the policy development process and YAHOO!'S interest are directly
related to being the owner of one of the world's most famous and valuable
Internet brands.

.    Describe any arrangements or agreements between the participant and any
other group, constituency or person(s) regarding the participant's service as a
participant in any ICANN policy making process.

   I am serving on the PPSC and the working group team as a representative of
the IPC of which I am personally a non-voting member.

7. Caroline Greer - Registry constituency Statement of Interest

GNSO PPSC WG

I am Director of Policy & Industry Relations at mTLD Ltd [dotMobi], the Irish
based registry responsible for the .mobi TLD. dotMobi signed its contract with
ICANN in July 2005 and began operations in May 2006.

I am responsible for policy / legal / compliance-related issues at dotMobi. I
am a member of the GNSO Registries Constituency and also a voting member of the
2009 Nominating Committee.

dotMobi is sponsored by a consortium of 14 companies engaged in the mobile
Internet space, some of whom (e.g Nokia and Microsoft) are members of other
ICANN constituencies such as the Business Constituency.

dotMobi currently has approximately 280 ICANN accredited registrars and Afilias
Ltd runs the back-end registry operations.

I have no employment, contract, financial interest or share ownership in any
other company, including any Registry or Registrar.

8. Zahid Jamil
================
http://gnso.icann.org/council/soi/jamil-soi-28jun08.shtml

9. Konstantinos Komaitis - NCUC
============================
.       The participant's current vocation, employer and position

LECTURER IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS LAW, UNIVERSITY OF
STRATHCLYDE, GLASGOW, UK

.       The type of work performed in the bullet above

Lecturing and researching. My main focus for both of these activities is IT Law
and in particular Domain  Name Regulation and Internet Governance Issues

.       Identify any financial ownership or senior management/leadership
interest in registries, registrars or other entities that are stakeholders or
interested parties in ICANN or any entity with which ICANN has a transaction,
contract, or other arrangement

None
.       Identify any type of commercial interest in ICANN GNSO policy
development outcomes. Is the participant representing other parties?

None - my work is mainly on the theoretical perspectives of ICANN and the GNSO.

.       Describe any arrangements or agreements between the participant and any
other group, constituency or person(s) regarding the participant's service as a
participant in any ICANN policy making process.

I am serving in the PPSC and the working group team as a representative of the
NCUC constituency.

.Participants must update their Statements of Interest whenever their
circumstances change.

Agreed

10. Cheryl Langdon-Orr - ALAC chair
================================

.       The participant's current vocation, employer and position

       I am (and have been since 1981) self employed in our family owned and
operated business as a working Director Hovtek Pty Ltd.,  details of this
including web links and about more about our related Company BuildersNet Pty
Limited., are found on the aforementioned Wiki page...

.       The type of work performed in the bullet above

        A mix of Directors and day to day management and administration work
typical in  a micro or SME business.

.       Identify any financial ownership or senior management/leadership
interest in registries, registrars or other entities that are stakeholders or
interested parties in ICANN or any entity with which ICANN has a transaction,
contract, or other arrangement

I am a Director (elected Demand Class) of the Australian Domain Name
Administrator,  auDA

.       Identify any type of commercial interest in ICANN GNSO policy
development outcomes. Is the participant representing other parties?

    I have no commercial interests I am a gTLD and ccTLD registrant... nor do I
represent any commercially interested party in this WG I represent the ALAC.

.       Describe any arrangements or agreements between the participant and any
other group, constituency or person(s) regarding the participant's service as a
participant in any ICANN policy making process.

    As stated above in this WG, I represent the ALAC, but it should be noted
that I am a founder of  a National peak consumer interest group in Australia =>
the Australian Communications Consumer Action Network (ACCAN) and served on the
Australian Governments'  Department of Broadband Communications and the Digital
Economy's Ministerial group formed to review options possibilities and form
this national amalgamation of consumer interest voices including the general
consumer disadvantaged, rural, disability and small business sectors, which
created this organisations concept charter etc., and  was part of the 4 person
selection committee that selected the founding Board structure of ACCAN with
Government observers... This NFP organisation has shown interest in involvement
in GNSO Policy development WG's in the future and possibly in then NCSG and is
in preliminary discussion with Consumers Union and other National and
International similar peak body consumer interest groups to look at
constituency status therein...  Consumers Union is an ALS and ACCAN is planning
on becoming one...

  .Participants must update their Statements of Interest whenever their
circumstances change.

    The principal of Continuous Disclosure is totally supported by me, and a
requirement in my auDA activities.

11. Alexey Mykhaylov  - Registrar
================================
1.       Current vocation, employer and position

Center of Internet Names of Ukraine, managing partner Integrio Systems,
president

2.       Type of work performed in 1 above

In Ukrnames I am responsible for communication with ICANN and other foreign
partners, as well as participation in development of business and technical
strategy for the company

In Integrio Systems, which is a software development company, I am responsible
for all aspects of business development

3.       Identify any financial ownership or senior management/leadership
interest in registries, registrars or other firms that are interested parties
in ICANN policy or any entity with which ICANN has a transaction, contract, or
other  arrangement

Currently  I have a  stake in an ICANN accredited registrar

4.       Identify any type of commercial interest in ICANN GNSO policy
development outcomes.  Are you representing other parties?

I am not representing any other parties. I do not have any type of commercial
interest in ICANN GNSO policy development

5.       Describe any arrangements or agreements between you and any other
group, constituency or person(s) regarding your nomination or selection as a
work team member.

None

12. Jeffrey J. Neuman, Esq.: NeuStar, Inc. Vice President, Law & Policy

.     The participant's current vocation, employer and position

I currently serve as the Vice President of Law & Policy for NeuStar, Inc., the
domain name registry for the .biz and .us top-level domains.

.     The type of work performed in the bullet above

In this role, I am responsible for all legal and policy issues with respect to
the .biz and .us TLDs as well as for various other non-registry lines of
business within NeuStar.  In addition, NeuStar may be pursuing new top-level
domains both as a front end and as a back-end registry operator.

.     Identify any financial ownership or senior management/leadership interest
in registries, registrars or other entities that are stakeholders or interested
parties in ICANN or any entity with which ICANN has a transaction, contract, or
other arrangement

NeuStar is the domain name registry for .biz and .us as well as the back-end
operator for .travel and .tel.  As a Vice President within NeuStar, I am in a
senior leadership position and I do own a very small amount of equity.  NeuStar
does not own or have any interest in any domain name registrar, nor is it
involved currently in any other constituency within ICANN.

.     Identify any type of commercial interest in ICANN GNSO policy development
outcomes. Is the participant representing other parties?

Other than being a "contracted party" bound by Consensus Policies, as defined
in the .biz top-level domain agreement, and pursuing new gTLDs, NeuStar does
not have any other commercial interest in ICANN GNSO policy development
outcomes.

.     Describe any arrangements or agreements between the participant and any
other group, constituency or person(s) regarding the participant's service as a
participant in any ICANN policy making process.

I currently serve as the alternate chair for the gTLD Registries Constituency
and as the official gTLD Constituency representative for .biz.

Participants must update their Statements of Interest whenever their
circumstances change.

13. Mike O'Connor - CBUC
========================

The participant's current vocation, employer and position

Vocation - domain investor and gadfly

Employer - The O'Connor Company of St Paul

Position - Proprietor

The type of work performed in the bullet above

Very little -- I'm mostly retired.  So I watch the grass grow and keep an eye
on investments of various kinds.

       Identify any financial ownership or senior management/leadership
interest in registries, registrars or other entities that are stakeholders or
interested parties in ICANN or any entity with which ICANN has a transaction,
contract, or other arrangement

None.

Identify any type of commercial interest in ICANN GNSO policy development
outcomes. Is the participant representing other parties?

I'm interested in GNSO policy outcomes as a domain-name owner and investor.

I am not representing other parties.

      Describe any arrangements or agreements between the participant and any
other group, constituency or person(s) regarding the participant's service as a
participant in any ICANN policy making process.

None.

Participants must update their Statements of Interest whenever their
circumstances change.

14. Tim Ruiz Statement of Interest
==================================

- The participant's current vocation, employer and position:

Vice President of Corporate Development and Policy for GoDaddy.com, Inc.

- The type of work performed in the bullet above:

Identify/Coordinate strategic opportunities. Represent GoDaddy.com in the
Registrar Constituency and develop/recommend/champion GoDaddy.com positions on
relevant ICANN policy issues.

- Identify any financial ownership or senior management/leadership interest in
registries, registrars or other entities that are stakeholders or interested
parties in ICANN or any entity with which ICANN has a transaction, contract, or
other arrangement:

GoDaddy.com is an ICANN Accredited Registrar. I am also on the Board of
Directors of doMEn, doo, the government contracted registry operator for the
.me ccTLD. I represent GoDaddy.com as a member of the dotMOBI Advisory Group
(MAG). I have been elected by MAG members to the MAG Steering Committee and
represent the MAG Steering Committee on the dotMOBI Policy Advisory Board.

- Identify any type of commercial interest in ICANN GNSO policy development
outcomes. Is the participant representing other parties?

Policy development outcomes of the GNSO have financial/commercial impact on
ICANN Accredited Registrars, including GoDaddy.com. I have been elected to the
GNSO Council by, and represent, the Registrar Constituency.

- Describe any arrangements or agreements between the participant and any other
group, constituency or person(s) regarding the participant's service as a
participant in any ICANN policy making process:

I have been elected to the GNSO Council by the Registrar Constituency and will
represent them in my work on the PPSC-WG Work Team.

- Participants must update their Statements of Interest whenever their
circumstances change:

Understood and agree.

15. Alexei Sozonov - Registrar
===============================
- I'm Alexei Sozonov, co-CEO of Regtime Ltd (www.regtime.net
www.webnames.ru) Russian ICANN accredited Registrar.
- I'm responsible for connection with ICANN and registries, as well as general
management of the company.
- I'm shuttling between Canada and Russia, and now living in Vancouver, Canada.
- I can be reached at +1-604-7739204  at 9am to 3pm General Pacific Time.

- Except stated above I have no other financial ownership or senior
management/leadership  interest in registries, registrars or other firms that
are interested parties in ICANN policy or any entity with which ICANN has a
transaction, contract, or other  arrangement.
- I have no commercial interest in ICANN GNSO policy development outcomes and
i'm not representing other parties.
- I have no arrangements or agreements between myself and any other group,
constituency or person(s) regarding my nomination or selection as a work team
member.

16. Prof. S. Subbiah - Statement of Interest - Individual
1. Chairman, i-dns.net (also unrelated, a professor/researcher at US and
Singapore tertiary instituitions)

2. Through the company, inventing, championing and promoting the cause of IDN,
including making it available to the ICANN community for a decade.

3. i-DNS.net technology, in substantive form, is the only IDN standard in use
today and as such every deployment of IDN by ICANN and non-ICANN related
entities is either licensed, copied or stolen from i-DNS.net.

Otherwise, no equity or leadership interest.

4. Representing i-DNS.net (and tangentially partners who have licensed
technology from it).

5. i-DNS.net is currently interested in IDNs and therefore the outcome of the
new gTLD round. No, not representing other parties.

6. None

Glen de Saint Géry
GNSO Secretariat
gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx