ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ppsc-wg]

RE: [gnso-ppsc-wg] Doodle Reminder: Choose a Drafting Team

  • To: gnso-ppsc-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-ppsc-wg] Doodle Reminder: Choose a Drafting Team
  • From: "Tim Ruiz" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 06:49:00 -0700

I am okay with moving on to the next stage. However, if we are in
consensus on doing that, such consensus should be taken to mean that we
are committed to the summaries as written. As they stand, they are a
good starting point but clearly not the end point.

For example, I would prefer the following for consideration as consensus
thresholds within WGs. The idea is too keep it simple yet allow for all
viewpoints and positions to be moved forward in any subsequent reports
to the Council and/or Board. Also, each should be demonstrable beyond
the gut feeling of the Chair(s) of the working group.

Suggested Consensus Thresholds:

1. Full Consensus - Everyone is in confirmed agreement (100%).

2. Rough Consensus - A clear and demonstrable majority (more than 50%)
are in agreement. Minority views must be recognized and included in any
subsequent reports.

3. No Consensus - It cannot be demonstrated that a clear majority are in
agreement (no view or position has more than 50% agreement). All
views/positions are Minority Views and all are included in any
subsequent report.

4. Minority View - Any viewpoint or position that has support of one or
more participants but less than a majority (50% or less).

Reports must demonstrate each of the above by explicitly associating
supporting WG participants with each view/position.

Tim