ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ppsc-wg]

[gnso-ppsc-wg] WG Team, Model Sub-Team, Con Call 2 Agenda (Call at UTC 15:00 Thursday April 30th - in 25 hrs)

  • To: gnso-ppsc-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gnso-ppsc-wg] WG Team, Model Sub-Team, Con Call 2 Agenda (Call at UTC 15:00 Thursday April 30th - in 25 hrs)
  • From: "S. Subbiah" <subbiah@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 06:26:55 -0700

Dear All (Ken could you re-post this email to all in case aggressive spam filters "hold" my emails on receiving end),

(1) The call is at 15:00 UTC on Thursday 30th April (in 24 hrs). Details are on Glen's email of 28th April Tuesday to us. (2) The Agenda is below. If anyone needs to add a topic please let me and Ken Bour know by email. (3) I will have to leave promptly after an hour (if we delay, probably Ken has to take over as Chair and finish up) (4) It will be ideal if the 4 Section Chiefs paste their modified/enhanced "Chapter headings" (ie. Norms or Products & Outputs) into the Wiki area that Ken Bour sent us a link for ahead of time. Its in his "minutes" of last meeting email of 24th April 2009 (attached below for convenience). If you have difficulty just send it by email to Ken for him
to paste it in.
(5) Please be prepared to finalise the meeting minutes that Ken Bour sent out (see below)

See you all at the meeting

Subbiah

GNSO Improvements WG Team: Model- SUb-Team 2nd Con Call on 30th April 2009 UTC 15:00

AGENDA

Session Chair - S. Subbiah

- Roll Call
- Agreement on past minutes
- Input on any additional Agenda Items for this session
- Section Reports from Section Team Leaders
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Norms
- Logistics and Requirements
- Products and Outputs
- Plan Next Steps
- Modifications to reports
- Plan for presneting the reports at next full WG Team Call
- AOB
- End

**************************Minutes of last meeting to finalise and also has link to Wiki where section reports should be ideally pasted *************
Ken Bour wrote:

Working Group Team:

The Operating Model Sub-Team met today, 24 April 2009 (1500-1600 UTC).

The following participants attended the conference call:

Nacho Amadoz

Caroline Greer

Alexey Mykhaylov

Greg Ruth

Alexei Sozonov

Subbiah

Staff Support:

Glen de Saint Géry

Ken Bour

The Sub-Team followed Ken’s suggested agenda (sent via email to the list) and made excellent progress. The following summary captures the essence of the discussion and action items (also posted to our Operating Model Sub-Team WIKI page: https://st.icann.org/icann-ppsc/index.cgi?wg_team_model) .

Thanks to Tim's suggestion (sent via email), the Sub-Team agreed with his concept of assigning individuals to mini-teams to flesh out the outline. KB asked the group to consider whether the major chapter headings encompass the breadth of topics needed for a Working Group Operating Model. After some discussion, it appeared to be complete enough to proceed with the mini-team assignments. The group generally accepted Tim's recommendations with the exception that Nacho requested a change to Roles & Responsibilities, so I swapped him with Thomas (now on Logistics pending his OK). I added a Participants & Assignments section to this WIKI page (see link above) reflecting the individual assignments. A "Lead" volunteered for each mini-team as indicated by (L). The mini-team assignments are also shown below:

*Participants & Team Assignments:*

*NAME*

*AFFILIATION*

*ASSIGNMENT*

Nacho Amadoz (L)

RyC

Roles & Resp

Alexei Sozonov

Registrar

Roles & Resp

Caroline Greer (L)

RyC

Norms

Greg Ruth

ISPs

Norms

Konstantinos Komaitis

NCUC

Norms

S. Subbiah (CHAIR & L)

Individual

Logistics

Thomas Roessler

Individual

Logistics

Tim Ruiz (L)

Registrar

Products

Alexey Mykhaylov

Individual

Products

Thank you to *Subbiah* for agreeing to serve as the Operating Model Sub-Team's Chair through at least our next meeting, which is scheduled for 30 April at 1500 UTC (1 May is a European holiday, so we moved the meeting back one day). Glen will send out the call-in details via email to the list.

The mini-teams will be working on their outline sections and will report to the larger Sub-Team on 30 April. Everyone is encouraged to use the WIKI page in expanding/amending the outline topics and including 1-2 sentence descriptions for each bulleted element. A note to the mini-teams: remember that you have a resource in the three sub-team reports consolidated and available at: https://st.icann.org/icann-ppsc/index.cgi?working_group_team (Under Last Meeting Agenda).

If anyone needs Staff support, please let me know.

Thank you for a productive session,

Ken Bour

P.S. For those who missed the call, an MP3 recording will soon be available at: http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/ (See 24 April, Operating Model Sub-Team, 1500 UTC).