ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ppsc-wg]

[gnso-ppsc-wg] NEW "Charter Guidelines" Outline Posted & Conf Call Reminder

  • To: <gnso-ppsc-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-ppsc-wg] NEW "Charter Guidelines" Outline Posted & Conf Call Reminder
  • From: "Ken Bour" <ken.bour@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 15:18:05 -0400

Working Group Team:

As I mentioned in my last update, Avri, Graham, Cheryl, and Ken made
considerable progress on consolidating the "Charter Guidelines" outline
taking into consideration all of the posted WIKI comments.   I accepted the
Sub-Team's challenge to begin drafting the 1st version of the "Working
Groups-Implementation and Charter Drafting Guidelines (WG-ICDG)."

Today, I managed to synthesize all of my notes from our 4 June conference
call and created a NEW outline, which is now posted to the WIKI
(https://st.icann.org/icann-ppsc/index.cgi?wg_team_charter).   I added a few
"Participant Notes" to the WIKI explaining what I have done thus far.   As
you will see, there is considerably more drafting work to be done, but I
believe the outline is reasonably complete based on our efforts to date.
Given Staff's responsibilities in the weeks immediately prior to an ICANN
meeting, I may not finish all of the drafting activity before we meet in
Sydney, but I will do my best as time permits.

Just a reminder that the 10 June 2009 conference call is scheduled for 1700
UTC (1300 EDT).    Call-in details were published today by Gisella, so
please look for her email on the list.   I have not yet heard from J. Scott,
but I am told that he is alive, well, and extremely busy.   We should go
ahead and have our session as planned.   Note:  we did not arrange for an
Adobe Connect room for this call.  To the extent that we want to review any
of the outlines, we can reference the WIKI pages.

            Charter Guidelines:
https://st.icann.org/icann-ppsc/index.cgi?wg_team_charter

            Operating Model:
https://st.icann.org/icann-ppsc/index.cgi?wg_team_model

Also, I learned that a meeting room has been arranged for a WG Team session
in Sydney on 21 June (Sunday) at 1400-1500.   Details will be forthcoming.

Regards,

Ken Bour