ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ppsc-wg]

[gnso-ppsc-wg] PPSC - Working Group Work Team Next Steps

  • To: Working Group <gnso-ppsc-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-ppsc-wg] PPSC - Working Group Work Team Next Steps
  • From: "J. Scott Evans" <jscottevans@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 12:43:04 -0700 (PDT)

Dear All:

I wanted to contact the group and advise on the status of where we are to date.
 On our last call held on Wednesday, September 23rd, it was decided that we had
reached a plateau with regard to the work on the Charter Drafting Guidelines.
Specifically, there was a consensus among those present on the call that we had
finalized the wording on the majority of the document and that we needed to
move our work to the Working Groups: Operating Model Guidebook before we could
complete the work on three sections of the Charter Drafting Guidelines
(specifically Secs. 2.3.4, 2.4.1 and 2.4.3) each of which rely heavily on
cross-references to the Operating Model Guidebook.  Accordingly, it was
determined that we would begin work on the Operating Model Guidebook beginning
with this week's conference call which is scheduled for Wednesday, September
30th at 18:00 UTC.

I am attaching the latest version of the Charter Drafting Guidelines for the
whole work team's review and comment.  I will be formally calling for consensus
from the Work Team for all the language EXCEPT that of Secs. 2.3.4, 2.4.1 and
2.4.3 which we will seek to find consensus on once we have finished the
drafting on the Operating Model Guidebook and finalized the specific wording to
be included in these sections of the Charter Drafting Guidelines.

At this stage, I would ask that each work team member review the attached
version of the Charter Drafting Guidelines AND review the rough draft of the
Working Groups:  Operating Model Guidebook which can be found on the Wiki at
https://st.icann.org/icann-ppsc/index.cgi?wg_team_model.

In a separate, but related note, I notice that  attendance at our weekly calls
has fallen off drastically.  I need to know if this is due to the timing of our
calls, if so please let me know and I will see if we can make adjustments to
secure broader participation.

I realize that drafting these documents can be tedious, but this is important
work that we need to try and conclude in the next 6 weeks or so.   Accordingly,
I would ask that each of you make a concerted effort to participate in our
weekly calls.

If you have any questions or require any additional information, please do not
hesitate to contact me directly.  I want to extend my thanks and gratitude to
Marika for stepping in and taking over coordination of this effort and I also
want to thank everyone for their hard work to date.

I look forward to speaking with everyone later this week.

J. Scott

 j. scott evans - senior legal director, global brand and trademarks - Yahoo!
Inc. - 408.349.1385 - jscottevans@xxxxxxxxx