ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ppsc-wg]

RE: [gnso-ppsc-wg] Call for Consensus

  • To: "J. Scott Evans" <jscottevans@xxxxxxxxx>, "Working Group" <gnso-ppsc-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-ppsc-wg] Call for Consensus
  • From: "Caroline Greer" <cgreer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 16:40:48 +0100

J. Scott and team,

I have some suggested minor edits for the paper. Otherwise, I think it looks in
great shape.

Many thanks,

Kind regards,

Caroline.

Global Edits

·         It might be good if, where applicable and where not already done,
every occurrence of 'constituency' ('constituencies') was changed to
'stakeholder group or constituency' ('stakeholder groups or constituencies').
Eg, see occurrence of 'constituency' on pages 11 and pg 24.

Section 2.2 (Working Group Member Roles and Responsibilities)

·         The 2nd sentence in the Staff bullet section on page 11 says, "ICANN
Staff may perform the following distinct roles for a WG as requested and
appropriate: . . ."  How about the following addition?: "Workload permitting,
ICANN Staff may perform the following distinct roles for a WG as requested and
appropriate: . . ."

Section 3.3 (Process Integrity)

·         Minor edit in the last sentence of the 1st paragraph on page 14:
Perhaps change 'can' to 'may' in "If the reopening is perceived as abusive or
dilatory, a WG member can appeal to the Chair (see section 3.7)."

·         A similar change could be made in the 2nd sentence of the next
paragraph of the same section: "Working group members can [may] request a
review by the Chair if a member disrupts the work or decision-making of the
group as a result of inconsistent participation."

Section 3.6 (Standard Methodology for Making Decisions)

·         Minor edit on page 17 as follows: At the end of the first paragraph
change 'were polls were taken' to 'where polls were taken:

Section 4.2 (Communication/Collaboration Tools) and Section 4.3 (Translation)

·         Both of these sections make statements like this: "applicable
recommendations made by other teams such as the OSC Communications Team may be
added once available, as appropriate".  Note that the work of the OSC
Communications Team is now finished so do we need to reword this perhaps?