ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ppsc]

[gnso-ppsc] Update and information

  • To: "Gnso-ppsc@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-ppsc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-ppsc] Update and information
  • From: Liz Gasster <liz.gasster@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 09:32:13 -0800

All,

Following is an update following our discussion 10 December.

1.       The draft charters for the PPSC and Working Groups Work Team have been
updated to reflect suggested edits from J. Scott and some clean-up from me.
Please provide your further comments ASAP.  No comments have been received yet
regarding the draft PDP Work Team charter.  Draft language is posted on each
workspace:
https://st.icann.org/icann-ppsc/index.cgi?policy_process_steering_committee_ppsc;
 https://st.icann.org/gnso_transition/index.cgi?pdp_team;
https://st.icann.org/gnso_transition/index.cgi?working_group_team. Regarding
the PPSC charter, the PPSC also should be considering a timeline for
completion; this should be provided to the Council along with a proposed
revision to the PPSC charter once determined by the group.

2.       The PPSC discussed preparation of a draft template for statements of
interest that would be prepared by PPSC and work team participants.  Following
is a DRAFT - for group discussion and consideration.  I tried to capture the
specific concerns discussed on the call.  Please provide all comments and
thoughts - just a starting place...

1.       Current vocation, employer and position

2.       Type of work performed in 1 above

3.       Identify any financial ownership or senior management/leadership
interest in registries, registrars or other firms that are interested parties
in ICANN policy or any entity with which ICANN has a transaction, contract, or
other  arrangement

4.       Identify any type of commercial interest in ICANN GNSO policy
development outcomes.  Are you representing other parties?

5.       Describe any arrangements or agreements between you and any other
group, constituency or person(s) regarding your nomination or selection as a
work team member.

3.       Extractions from the charters from recent working groups have been
copied to the Working Groups work team page - these contain the Working Group
Process used by those groups.  This is provided as background on how working
group rules have been approached in recent PDPs.  Also uploaded is a statement
prepared by the recent (ex-) chair of the fast flux working group, Mike
O'Connor, who makes observations about that experience that also may be useful
to the work teams.  His statement has been uploaded to both the PDP and WG team
pages.

4.       Our "partner" steering committee, the Operations Steering Committee,
which is overseeing and coordinating the balance of the recommendations
contained in the Board-approved GNSO Improvements Report, has prepared a
combined draft invitation to encourage broad community participation (copy
attached).  The announcement is  currently designed for all five GNSO work
teams (three OSC teams and two  PPSC teams). The OSC members are proposing some
edits, so the invitation is very much in draft form.  I've attached it here for
your consideration.  Please direct all comments and suggested edits to the
entire list.  We hope to finalize early next week so your expeditious review is
appreciated.

Please let me know if you have any questions.  All thoughts appreciated!
Thanks, Liz