ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ppsc]

[gnso-ppsc] Updated draft charters and work team rules attached and on PPSC workspace

  • To: "Gnso-ppsc@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-ppsc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-ppsc] Updated draft charters and work team rules attached and on PPSC workspace
  • From: Liz Gasster <liz.gasster@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 15:48:23 -0800

All,

Attached (and on the PPSC workspace) are updated charters for the PPSC and its
two work teams as discussed on last Wednesday's call. As we discussed, I made a
point of extracting each of the key recommendations as set forth in the
Board-approved GNSO Improvements Report, so the charters are longer - but more
complete -- than the previous versions.   I also made some changes to ensure
they are consistent.  (Note: upon rereading the 5th recommendation under
"Potential Team Participants" I think we actually mean "in addition to NomCom
appointed Councilors" instead of "other than" - so that is one change I made,
we can confirm this online or at our next meeting).   Please use these versions
(attached and on the wiki) for all suggested changes and further revisions.

Links are as follows:

Latest PPSC charter:
https://st.icann.org/icann-ppsc/index.cgi?policy_process_steering_committee_ppsc

Latest PDP team draft charter:
https://st.icann.org/gnso_transition/index.cgi?pdp_team

Latest Working Group Team draft charter:
https://st.icann.org/gnso_transition/index.cgi?working_group_team

Also attached are updated draft PPSC Work Team Rules, reflecting suggested
edits from Tim Ruiz and also from staff (redlined):  on wiki, PPSC and both
work team pages
I made additional changes to the paragraph Tim edited (OSC did same) and also
made a slight change to question 5 on the new Statement of Interest template,
now incorporated into the draft PPSC Work Team Rules.

Our next call is 21 January 2009.  An agenda and dial-in information will be
distributed before the call.

Thanks, Liz