ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ppsc]

[gnso-ppsc] question of conflict of interest

  • To: gnso-ppsc@xxxxxxxxx, "Gnso-ppsc-pdp@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-ppsc-pdp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-ppsc] question of conflict of interest
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 19:22:45 -0500

hi,

As I have done before in other circumstances, I question the legitimacy of
having a chair for the PPSC  or the PDP WT who has ascended to the GNSO council
and is one of its vice-chairs    I believe that the influence a council member,
who is in the position of approving or disapproving the work of PPSC and its
WTs is not consistent with also being a Chair of either the PPSC or of a WT.

This is a personal question at this point, but I will be forwarding this note
to the NCSG  to seek their advice on the issue.

thanks