[gnso-pro-wg]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [gnso-pro-wg] PRO WG Meeting Summary - 6 March Teleconference

• To: "Rosette, Kristina" <krosette@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-pro-wg] PRO WG Meeting Summary - 6 March Teleconference
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 09:41:25 +0100

Hi Kristina

Thanks very much for the notes.

One thing that struck me that needed to be done was to ensure that we have a diverse participant group -- let's try to get those constituencies who haven't yet participated to attend in Lisbon.

Let me know if you need anything prepared prior to the meeting in Lisbon -- we are doing a comprehensive document pack for distribution to all attendees.

Kind regards.

Liz

Liz Williams
Senior Policy Counselor
ICANN - Brussels
+32 2 234 7874 tel
+32 2 234 7848 fax
+32 497 07 4243 mob

On 07 Mar 2007, at 22:37, Rosette, Kristina wrote:

All,

As promised, here's a brief summary of yesterday's meeting. The recording is available.

1. Meeting in Lisbon. We will meet in Lisbon on Sunday at 9:00-11:00. (That may change to either 9:30 or, possibly, Saturday afternoon after the GAC-GNSO meeting.) Would you please let me know if you are planning to attend the Lisbon meeting, but would not be available Saturday afternoon? At this point, I expect we will be discussing outreach to the constituencies and others regarding the qualitative information we hope to obtain.

2. TLD Summaries. We will be using the forms I circulated yesterday morning. The only change is that each member may add a "comments" section to capture information that may not otherwise be covered. For example, Peter indicated during the call that many .eu sunrise participants objected to the extremely strict adherence to formal requirements such as complete identity of applicant and registration owner. That type of information should be noted in a comments section. Comment should be added at the end of Part C or you may create a new Part D, depending on the volume you expect to have. Peter volunteered to prepare a document that contains explanatory notes about what each category should contain. If you missed the call and still have questions after you've listened to the recording and reviewed Peter's document, please feel free to post them. Summaries should be completed and posted to the list before our next call on 13 March.

3. Registry Information. The summaries call for certain statistical information that the registry likely generated. If you cannot locate that information in any public documents, it may be necessary to contact the registry. Jeff agreed to post the TLD responsibility list to the Registry Constituency list so that the registry representatives are aware that they may be contacted. My notes are not clear - and neither is the recording - as to how that contact should be made. (Jeff, would you please let us know how your fellow constituency members would like to handle such inquiries? Many thanks.)

4. WIPO Resources. Eun-Joo Min, Senior Legal Officer at WIPO's Arbitration & Mediation Center, is a WG member. She volunteered yesterday to be of informational assistance to the WG members responsible for the .biz, .info, and .mobi TLDs.

-*-

If I've left anything out, WG members on the call should certainly feel free to supplement. Otherwise, I'll circulate next week's agenda this weekend.

As always, many thanks.

Sincerely yours,
Kristina

Kristina Rosette
Covington & Burling LLP
1201 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Washington, DC  20004-2401
voice:  202-662-5173
direct fax:  202-778-5173
main fax:  202-662-6291
e-mail:  krosette@xxxxxxx

This message is from a law firm and may contain information that is confidential or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately advise the sender by reply e-mail that this message has been inadvertently transmitted to you and delete this e-mail from your system. Thank you for your cooperation.

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy