ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pro-wg]

[gnso-pro-wg] PRO WG - 13 March Meeting Summary & News

  • To: <gnso-pro-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-pro-wg] PRO WG - 13 March Meeting Summary & News
  • From: "Rosette, Kristina" <krosette@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 13:09:44 -0400

All,

Apologies for the delay in posting this meeting summary. I was out sick
on Wednesday and became frighteningly behind.  In any event . . .

1. Division into Project Teams.   We created three project teams and
participants on the call volunteered for a team.  Each project team is
responsible for the corresponding section of the report we are expected
to generate.

Issues Analysis:  This team is responsible for identifying and analyzing
both the issues that protective registration mechanisms were intended to
address and the issues that such mechanisms created.  Although a
complete analysis of "issues created" will not be completed until
constituency input is received, it is expected that the team members can
provide initial insights and analysis.

TLD Analysis:  This team will be responsible for analyzing the TLD
summaries to identify the commonalities and variances among the
mechanisms, to highlight any scalable features, and to edit the TLD
summaries as needed for inclusion in the report and distribution to the
constituencies. This team is NOT responsible for completing TLD
summaries other than those the individual members may have volunteered
to complete.

Consultation with other WG:  This team will be responsible for
receiving, reviewing and preparing draft responses to requests for
consultation or input received from other working groups.  The entire WG
will approve all such responses before distribution.

2.  Constituency Outreach.  We confirmed that constituency outreach will
be informal.  All interested WG members are welcome to participate in
developing the survey form that will be distributed.  I expect to spend
some time on this during Lisbon.

3.  Project Team Assignments.   Members on Tuesday's call volunteered
for project teams. I've assigned remaining WG members to teams with the
goal of ensuring that each team had a proportionate share of
constituency members.  If you do not want to be on your assigned project
team, you may switch with another WG member from your constituency.

Issues Analysis:  Margie Milam (leader), John Berryhill, David Maher,
Kelly Smith, Victoria McEvedy, Eun Joo Min, Philip Sheppard, Tim Ruiz,
Kristina Rosette

TLD Analysis:  Mike Rodenbaugh (leader), Jon Bing, Lance Griffin, Mawaki
Chango, Edmon Chung, Steve Miholovich, Kristina Rosette

Consultation:  Mike Palage, Frank Schilling, Peter Olsen, Jon Nevett,
Ute Decker  [Would someone please volunteer to lead this team?]

4. TLD Summaries.  Most of the TLD summaries have not been posted to the
list.  As a courtesy to your colleagues on the TLD Analysis project
team, it would be appreciated if you would post your completed summary
by Monday morning (your time).

5.  News.  The GNSO Council approved the Statement of Work and set our
report deadline -- May 17.  We will need to have a draft done several
weeks before that so it may be reviewed; I'll circulate the draft report
deadline soon.

-*-

Sincerely yours,
Kristina

Kristina Rosette
Covington & Burling LLP
1201 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Washington, DC  20004-2401
voice:  202-662-5173
direct fax:  202-778-5173
main fax:  202-662-6291
e-mail:  krosette@xxxxxxx

This message is from a law firm and may contain information that is
confidential or legally privileged.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please immediately advise the sender by reply e-mail that
this message has been inadvertently transmitted to you and delete this
e-mail from your system.  Thank you for your cooperation.