ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pro-wg]

[gnso-pro-wg] Outcomes Report from the GNSO IDN WG.

  • To: <gnso-pro-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-pro-wg] Outcomes Report from the GNSO IDN WG.
  • From: "Rosette, Kristina" <krosette@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 11:23:48 -0400

All,

Attached please find the Outcomes Report from the GNSO IDN WG.

In November 2006, the ICANN GNSO Council launched an IDN Working Group.
The group was tasked with 1) identifying and exploring policy issues
that may arise in connection to the introduction of Internationalized
Domain Names at the top-level (IDN TLDs), and 2) providing a report to
the Council as background information for its deliberations on further
steps to take regarding policy development for IDN at the top-level.

For the Council's consideration, the IDN WG has identified a number of
issue areas and collected views on these areas in the attached Outcomes
Report. This report will be discussed at the ICANN Lisbon meeting 26 -
30 March 2007 before the GNSO Council considers what further policy work
should be undertaken on IDNs as they relate to gTLDs.

I have not read the report yet, but we will need to review it to
identify any requests for consultation with our WG that it may contain.

Kristina

 <<GNSO IDN WG Final Outcomes Report.doc>>