ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pro-wg]

[gnso-pro-wg] chart of TLD PRO mechanisms

  • To: <gnso-pro-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-pro-wg] chart of TLD PRO mechanisms
  • From: "Mike Rodenbaugh" <mxr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 17:54:48 -0700

Here is a continuum of PRO mechanisms that may aid our discussion, glad
to hear any comments and perhaps we can turn this into an Exhibit to our
report.  I believe Liz may have aggregated all the TLD summaries in one
Word doc and hopefully can post that to the list soon, as those have
much more detail about mechanisms already tried.

PRO Mechanisms:

Pre-launch --

Registrant Verification ala .travel

"Rights based name selection" ala .museum/travel (coupled with Charter
Eligibility DRP)

"Defensive registrations" available in .pro and proposed for .xxx

Sunrise registrations

            Sunrise apps checked against USPTO database in .us

IP Sunrise claims ala .info

            First qualified applicant ala .eu (coupled with Sunrise
Challenge process)

            Qualified applicants could be randomized ala .biz,

Qualified applicants could participate in auction ala .asia.

"Industry sunrise" followed by "general trademark sunrise" in .mobi

Post-launch --

False WHOIS reporting process

Domain lock procedure as in .de

"Rapid Takedown" proposed for .xxx, and by Business Constituency
(DMCA-like process)

UDRP

Judicial action

Mike Rodenbaugh