ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pro-wg]

RE: [gnso-pro-wg] GNSO Working Group Draft Definitions

  • To: <gnso-pro-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-pro-wg] GNSO Working Group Draft Definitions
  • From: "Mike Rodenbaugh" <mxr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 11:37:08 -0700

Here is a definition of abusive registration, from WIPO Report
establishing the UDRP:
http://www.wipo.int/amc/en/processes/process1/report/annex/annex04.html

ABUSIVE REGISTRATION OF A DOMAIN NAME

1. The scope of this Policy and the administrative procedure established
by it shall be restricted to complaints alleging the abusive
registration of a domain name.

2. The registration of a domain name shall be considered to be abusive
when all of the following conditions are met:

(i) the domain name is identical or misleadingly similar to a trade or
service mark in which the complainant has rights; and

(ii) the holder of the domain name has no rights or legitimate interests
in respect of the domain name; and

(iii) the domain name has been registered and is used in bad faith.

Mike Rodenbaugh

Sr. Legal Director

Yahoo! Inc.

NOTICE:  This communication is confidential and may be protected by
attorney-client and/or work product privilege.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please notify me by reply, and delete this
communication and any attachments.