ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pro-wg]

RE: [gnso-pro-wg] Report - Ultimate Question

  • To: "Nevett, Jonathon" <jnevett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Rosette, Kristina" <krosette@xxxxxxx>, <gnso-pro-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-pro-wg] Report - Ultimate Question
  • From: "Smith, Kelly W" <kelly.w.smith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 21:12:03 -0700

I think the following is more on point:

The WG agreed that additional protections for the legal rights of others
during the domain name registration process for new TLDs (beyond the
current registration agreement and UDRP policy) should be offered, but
the WG was unable to reach consensus on whether to recommend a "best
practices" approach to providing such protections per se.  However, the
WG agreed to recommend to Council certain principles to guide the
adoption of such additional protections.

Kelly Smith