ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-raa-b]

Re: [gnso-raa-b] RAA B recommendations

  • To: "gnso-raa-b@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-raa-b@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-raa-b] RAA B recommendations
  • From: "Michele Neylon :: Blacknight" <michele@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 18:53:52 +0000

On 5 Jan 2010, at 17:32, Sivasubramanian Muthusamy wrote:

> Hello
>
> 1     Cybersquatting
> 1.1     Prohibition on Registrar Cybersquatting
> 2     Front-Running
> 2.1   Prohibition of Front-Running
> 3     Registrar Warehousing
> 3.1   Prohibition of  Registrar warehousing or speculation
>
> As a recommendation pertaining to these issues, would all Accredited
> Registrars consider incorporating a jointly owned company as a Common
> Registrar for all Registrars, their Associate businesses, Resellers to
> register the domain names that they wish to register for legitimate reasons ?
>  This could make the 'insider' transactions transparent as also allow those
> Registrars with good business practices to monitor excessive activities of
> erring Registrars and Resellers. This entity as an Inter-Registrar could be
> jointly owned and jointly controlled and would establish the required
> conventions among Registrars as acts of self-regulation.

I can't speak for all registrars, but speaking for us, we would be opposed to
this proposal

> 4.6 Registrars to use an auditable tracking system for complaints

Auditable by whom?

> 5.4 ICANN to provide  tracking system for registrar complaints
>
> Registrant's complaints, right at the time of filing,  could go to a Central
> System, either managed by ICANN or by All Registrars. This could enable a
> uniform format for Registrant's Complaints, a uniform Response behavior by
> the Community of Registrars towards complaints and would  further Uniform
> Dispute Resolution. The complaint form embedded in Registrars' websites have
> to have a common design with the data set to be sent to the Central System
> with a copy to the Registrar / Reseller.
>
> 7.4   Additional Information to be collected related to registrations
> 7.5  Disclosure of WHOIS to law enforcement
>
> If sufficient debates and discussions have already taken place on what
> information is absolutely necessary for domain records and what to disclose
> to the law and order agencies and on what circumstances,  then ICANN could
> provide a uniform format for Registrars and Resellers to collect the
> information from Registrants and establish secure storage systems to store
> all the data in a manner that the Registrant's privacy is not compromised.
>
> Sivasubramanian Muthusamy
>

> Sivasubramanian Muthusamy
>
> Blog: http://isocmadras.blogspot.com
> facebook: http://is.gd/x8Sh
> LinkedIn: http://is.gd/x8U6
> Twitter: http://is.gd/x8Vz

Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Solutions
Hosting & Colocation, Brand Protection
http://www.blacknight.com/
http://blog.blacknight.com/
http://mneylon.tel
Intl. +353 (0) 59  9183072
US: 213-233-1612
UK: 0844 484 9361
Locall: 1850 929 929
Direct Dial: +353 (0)59 9183090
Fax. +353 (0) 1 4811 763
Blacknight Internet Solutions Ltd, Unit 12A,Barrowside Business
Park,Sleaty