ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-raa-b]

[gnso-raa-b] RE: RAA process

  • To: "Mason Cole" <masonc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-raa-b] RE: RAA process
  • From: "Metalitz, Steven" <met@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 10:43:14 -0700

Thank you for this, Mason, which of course I will by this message
circulate to subteam B (which I assume is what you are referring to as
"the WG").

Contrary to your message, I do not believe that any of the registrars
participating in  subteam B have ever enunciated there the position that
no one but registrars and ICANN can participate in negotiation of
amendments to the RAA.  If you can point me to any posting on our
extensive e-mail archive, or in the mp3 recordings, in which this was
stated "many times", of course I would be glad to stand corrected.

While I disagree with your insinuation that the proposal for a more
comprehensive negotiating team, were it to be recommended by the subteam
-- and it has not been so recommended yet --  would somehow be in "bad
faith" or inconsistent with some "agreement" that the "community" has
made with the registrars, I look forward to further discussion of this
topic within the subteam, in which of course those registrars who are
participating in the subteam would have every opportunity to express
their concerns.

Steve Metalitz