ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-raa-b]

[gnso-raa-b] Status of GNSO's Consideration of the Recommendations in the RAA Final Report

  • To: "gnso-rrc-a@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-rrc-a@xxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-raa-b@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-raa-b@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-raa-b] Status of GNSO's Consideration of the Recommendations in the RAA Final Report
  • From: Margie Milam <Margie.Milam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 12:37:29 -0800

Dear All,

I thought it would be helpful to provide the WG an update on the GNSO's
consideration of the Final Report on the RAA.    On today's GNSO Council call,
I  provided a brief overview to the GNSO Council on the recommendations
contained in the Final Report in preparation for the Cartagena meeting.   The
GNSO Council is planning to consider the Final Report in depth at its Sunday
afternoon working session from 16:00 17:00, with Steve Metalitz  leading that
discussion.     Working Group members are welcome to observe that session.
In preparation for this  Cartagena session,  I prepared the attached
presentation for your review and consideration.
A GNSO Motion to approve the recommendations contained in the Final Report
would need to be made by November 30th if there is to be a vote at the December
8th meeting in Cartagena.   In light of that deadline, Chuck Gomes requested
that I forward  to the Drafting Team a  proposed motion  for this purpose,
which could be made by any councilor.  The attached presentation includes the
proposed motion to adopt  Process A  from the Final Report.   Recognizing that
there may be other motions that could be brought, I will be happy to provide
assistance upon request in crafting language for the alternative GNSO Council
resolutions in this regard.

If you have any suggested changes or revisions to the attached presentation,
please forward them to me by next Wednesday, 24 November.

Best Regards,

Margie

Margie Milam
Senior Policy Counselor