ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rap-dt]

[gnso-rap-dt] issues template and drafting

  • To: <gnso-rap-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-rap-dt] issues template and drafting
  • From: "Greg Aaron" <gaaron@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 12:14:12 -0400

Dear group:

Attached is the template I suggest we use to write up each issue/proposed
abuse that we consider.  The template will help us create a readable and
organized report, and will help us record levels of support as per the GNSO
WG processes
(https://st.icann.org/gnso-council/index.cgi?working_group_process ).

As per our 15 June meeting, we will start a wiki page for each issue,
featuring the template.  The lead WG member(s) for each issue will
concentrate on filling in the Issue, Background, and Recommendation
sections.  (The draft Recommendations are there to begin the conversation
and give people something to react to - they may evolve as we discuss them.)
The WG will then discuss each issue in more depth and be invited to
contribute material, and we will eventually move each issue into a Word doc
so we can see redlines and perform detailed edits.  A last step will be to
formally vote on each issue and record the consensus levels.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Rod Rasmussen is considering his availability to take lead on the
"Malware/Botnet Control" issue.

I look forward to talking with you during our 22 June meeting.  For those of
you traveling to Sydney - safe travels!

With best wishes,

--Greg

**********************************

Greg Aaron

Director, Key Account Management and Domain Security

Afilias

vox: +1.215.706.5700 x104

fax: 1.215.706.5701

gaaron@xxxxxxxxxxxx

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential
and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this
us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your
computer.