ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rap-dt]

RE: [gnso-rap-dt] actions from 6 July RAPWG meeting

  • To: "'Frederick Felman'" <ffelman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-rap-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-rap-dt] actions from 6 July RAPWG meeting
  • From: "Greg Aaron" <gaaron@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 12:36:32 -0400

Thanks for your note, Fred.  The group agreed that the interplay between
WHOIS issues and registration abuse is important and should be discussed.  I
think the issue is whether RAPWG should try and research or "resolve" WHOIS
issues, given that the WHOIS Study Hypothesis Group has apparently been
given that job.  Depending on what it is, fact-finding could duplicate work
already being done in the WHOIS Study Hypotheses Group.

In such cases where there are scope questions, we have the option of
querying the Council for clarification and possible charter amendments.
Scope issues also affect our timelines, and we are obligated to keep the
Council informed as to scheduling.  I will draft a note to be sent to the
Council, and circulate it on the WG list for comment.

All best,

--Greg

  _____