ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rap-dt]

[gnso-rap-dt] Reverse Domain Name Hijacking as a Registration Abuse

  • To: gnso-rap-dt@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gnso-rap-dt] Reverse Domain Name Hijacking as a Registration Abuse
  • From: George Kirikos <icann+rap@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 11:42:56 -0400

Hi folks,

I was reviewing the August 27, 2009 list of abuse categories/types,
and noticed that there wasn't coverage of "Reverse Domain Name
Hijacking" as an abuse.

Using our working definition of abuse, it causes actual and
substantial harm. It is also illegal or illegitimate. It might be best
placed on page 5, below "Renewal / Transfer Abuse" although I'm open
to suggestions.

Would others support adding this to our list of abuses?

Domain theft as a topic is presumably captured by "transfer abuse",
but Reverse Domain Name Hijacking is somewhat different.

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
416-588-0269
http://www.leap.com/