ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rap-dt]

[gnso-rap-dt] Agenda: RAPWG / Monday 28 September @ 14:00 UTC

  • To: <gnso-rap-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-rap-dt] Agenda: RAPWG / Monday 28 September @ 14:00 UTC
  • From: "Greg Aaron" <gaaron@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 11:47:14 -0400

Dear WG:

Our meeting this coming Monday remains on as scheduled.  I understand that
some will not be able to make it; that will naturally happen on occasion.
We meet only every-other week, and I am loathe to cancel at the last minute.
I imagine that there will be plenty of interesting things happening this
fall with ICANN and the new TLD guidebook etc, but we should continue ahead.
If there are upcoming holidays or events that will prevent a significant
number of members from making a meeting, please do mention those in calls or
on the list further in advance, so that we can consider alternate plans.

The next Registration Abuse Policies Working Group call is scheduled for
Monday 14 September at 14:00 UTC for 90 minutes; dial-in info has been sent
to members under separate cover.  Agenda is:

1. Roll-call
2. updates from sub-groups :
    a. Cybersquatting group (Fred Felman, Mike Rodenbaugh, James Bladel,
Michael Young, Paul Stahura, Phil Corwin).   Reformulation discussed at
least meeting.  Question was raised at last meeting: is this about UDRP?
    b.  "uniformity in contracts" group (Berry Cobb, Mike O'Connor, Mike
Rodenbaugh, James Bladel, Jeff Neuman.)  Present the results and findings:
http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-rap-dt/msg00363.html
    c.  Spam/phishing/malware. Discussion so far summarized at:
<https://st.icann.org/reg-abuse-wg/index.cgi?phishing_spam_malware>
https://st.icann.org/reg-abuse-wg/index.cgi?phishing_spam_malware .   A goal
is to identify the policy issues here, and what might fall into other areas
such as best practices.  Work on completing this section: "Issue: A concise
statement of the problem/issue, no longer than one paragraph", as a way to
help crystallize the issues.
3.  Schedule next meetings: October 12, ICANN Seoul date/time; November 9
and 23.

With best wishes,
--Greg Aaron
Chair

**********************************

Greg Aaron

Director, Key Account Management and Domain Security

Afilias

vox: +1.215.706.5700 x104

fax: 1.215.706.5701

gaaron@xxxxxxxxxxxx

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential
and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this
us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your
computer.