ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rap-dt]

Re: [gnso-rap-dt] For your review - Nairobi presentation

  • To: Greg Aaron <gaaron@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Mike Rodenbaugh <icann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-rap-dt@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-rap-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-rap-dt] For your review - Nairobi presentation
  • From: Marika Konings <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 13:09:50 -0800

Per Greg’s email, please find the updated presentation attached.

With best regards,

Marika

On 02/03/10 23:23, "Greg Aaron" <gaaron@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear Mike:

As I said in my note of yesterday afternoon, the scope question is a key issue
that the Council asked the RAPWG to examine as per its charter, and it received
much discussion in the WG.  Mention of the scope issue was missing from the
first draft of the presentation I saw.  That seemed like an omission to me, and
I made the suggestion to quote the Issues Report, which addressed the topic and
was not in my words.  Laying out the issues for the Council and the community
is part of a WG’s job, and I find your accusation of partisanship baseless.  I
understand that you do not like what the Issues Report says, but that is not a
good reason to suppress mention of it.

Despite that reservation, I am asking Marika to remove that slide.  The slide
entitled “Initial Report – Registration Abuse vs. Domain Name Use Abuse” had a
first bullet that read: “Understanding and differentiating between registration
abuse and use abuse is essential in the ICANN policy context. “  To that I am
simply adding “See Issues Report and WG’s Initial Report.”

Sincerely,
--Greg