ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rap-dt]

FW: [gnso-rap-dt] agenda: RAPWG meeting 26 April 2010, 15:00 UTC

  • To: "'Marika Konings'" <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-rap-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: FW: [gnso-rap-dt] agenda: RAPWG meeting 26 April 2010, 15:00 UTC
  • From: "Greg Aaron" <gaaron@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 10:26:22 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Wendy Seltzer [mailto:wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, April 30, 2010 3:15 PM
To: Greg Aaron
Cc: gnso-rap-dt@xxxxxxxxx

Greg Aaron wrote:
> The action items from today's call are:
..

> .         Wendy to suggest language for the UDRP section regarding balanced
> review

Since several of the public comments we received suggested that UDRP
review consider both its effectiveness against cybersquatting and its
fairness to non-cybersquatting registrants, and since the comments in
the Draft Report itself support that balance, I propose the following
[[bracketed]] changes to Recommendation #1 in 5.1.3:

The RAPWG recommends the initiation of a Policy Development Process by
requesting an Issues Report to investigate the current state of the
UDRP, and consider revisions [[DELETE: to address cybersquatting]] if
appropriate. This effort should consider:
 • How the UDRP has addressed the problem of cybersquatting [[ADD: and
fairness to non-cybersquatting registrants]] to date, and any
insufficiencies/inequalities associated with the process.
 • Whether the definition of cybersquatting [[in]] the existing UDRP
language needs to be reviewed or updated.

Thanks,
--Wendy

--
Wendy Seltzer -- wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx