ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rap-dt]

[gnso-rap-dt] Updated Recco for Fake Renewal Notices

  • To: gnso-rap-dt@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gnso-rap-dt] Updated Recco for Fake Renewal Notices
  • From: berrycobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 22:53:21 -0500

RAP,

Because we have strong consensus on Recommendation #1 (only 1 participant disagreeing that there is no policy for ICANN compliance to enforce) and unanimous consensus on Recommendation #2, I suggest that we consolidate the recommendations to ONE. If there is disagreement, the proposed text can just replace recommendation #2.

Current Recommendations (found on pages 39 & 40):
1) The RAPWG recommends that the GNSO refer this issue to ICANN?s Contractual Compliance department for possible enforcement action, including investigation of misuse of WHOIS data. 2) The following recommendation is conditional. The WG would like to learn the ICANN Compliance Department?s opinions regarding Recommendation #1 above, and the WG will further discuss Recommendation 2 looking forward to the WG?s Final Report. The RAPWG recommends the initiation of a Policy Development Process by requesting an Issues Report to investigate fake renewal notices.

Proposed Consolidated Recommendation:

The RAPWG recommends that the GNSO refer the issue of Fake Renewal Notices to ICANN?s Contractual Compliance department for possible enforcement actions, including investigation of misuse of WHOIS data. If ICANN Compliance determines enforcement is not possible, the RAPWG further recommends that the GNSO initiate a Policy Development Process by requesting an Issues Report to investigate this issue.

I welcome comments and suggestions to enhance this recommendation. Thank you. B

Berry Cobb
Infinity Portals LLC
berrycobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.infinityportals.com