ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rap-dt]

RE: [gnso-rap-dt] Cybersquatting discussion

  • To: "'Phil Corwin'" <pcorwin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Frederick Felman'" <ffelman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Marika Konings'" <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>, "'RAP-WG'" <gnso-rap-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-rap-dt] Cybersquatting discussion
  • From: "Greg Aaron" <gaaron@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 16:12:21 -0400

The issue of whether “and use” should be modified in the UDRP seems like a
question that could be addressed in a PDP.  That “and use” issue is
included in the laundry list of UDRP issues in the Initial Report.

Our WG has agreed to recommend a PDP to look at the UDRP.  We have never
agreed to recommend specific changes to the UDRP.  That kind of thing is for
a successor WG to do, if the GNSO chooses to pursue it.

All best,

--Greg