ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rap-dt]

[gnso-rap-dt] final edits to Final Report

  • To: "'Marika Konings'" <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-rap-dt] final edits to Final Report
  • From: "Greg Aaron" <gaaron@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 12:40:11 -0400

Dear Marika:

I have reviewed file "RAPWG Draft Final - 27 May 2010.doc". Thanks for the
work you did on it this week

Please make the following two factual corrections:

A.    Cybersquatting recommendation: the unanimous consensus should record
14 (not 13) members in support; Wendy S is the 14th and her name should be
added.

B.    2.2 says: "To facilitate its deliberations, the RAPWG developed a list
of abuses and approached each proposed abuse."  Please add another
"proposed" so that it reads: "To facilitate its deliberations, the RAPWG
developed a list of proposed abuses and approached each proposed abuse."
Same at the top of 2.3: "RAPWG developed a list of abuses for further
examination" should become "RAPWG developed a list of proposed abuses for
further examination".  These changes are needed because not all the
practices ended up being classified as abuses.

In section 11, I believe the plan was to list the recommendations in order
of level of support.  (To indicate some priority to the Council.  And if we
don't re-order, then section 11 simply duplicates section 2.3.)  The order
would be:

[Unanimous Support:]

Cyberquatting #1

Malicious Conduct

Fake Renewal Notices #1 and #2

WHOIS Access #1 and #2

Cross-TLD Registration Scam

Uniformity of Reporting

Collection and Dissemination of Best Practices

[Strong Support but Significant Opposition:]

Uniformity of Contracts

[Split opinion:]

Cybersquatting #2

[Recommendations that Council do nothing:]

Front-Running

Gripe Sites #1 and #2

Domain Tasting/Kiting

I don't believe any futher corrections have been posted to the list by WG
members.  Faisal suggested material changes to recommendations and body text
yesterday, but the deadline for doing so is long past and it is not possible
to do the new group discussion and consensus measuring that those proposals
would necessitate.

So, with the above changes I believe the Final Report will be done and can
be published.

All best,

--Greg

**********************************

Greg Aaron

Director, Key Account Management and Domain Security

Afilias

vox: +1.215.706.5700

fax: 1.215.706.5701

gaaron@xxxxxxxxxxxx

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential
and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this
us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your
computer.