ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-restruc-dt]

RE: [gnso-restruc-dt] List of questions - with notes of explanation

  • To: Philip Sheppard <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>, "Gnso-restruc-dt@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-restruc-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-restruc-dt] List of questions - with notes of explanation
  • From: Milton L Mueller <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 11:28:29 -0400

Philip:
Please inform this group of where this commitment is articulated.
I am afraid you have substituted your own personal preferences with the
compromise of the group. I was on that group. I categorically assert that no
such commitment was made, and that you did not even propose "replacing" NCUC.
There was a commitment made that ALL constituencies had to meet common
standards of representativeness, full stop.

> with a Non-Commercial and Individuals Stakeholder Group
> with the >breadth, comprehensiveness and
> representativeness of the other three SGs.

What a joke. The breadth, comprehensiveness and representativeness of the
current NCUC exceeds that of the current BC and ISP constituencies.
By any standard you'd care to use: number of organizations and individuals,
geographic diversity, etc.