ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-restruc-dt]

RE: [gnso-restruc-dt] Q18 on thresholds - chairs and vice chairs

  • To: gnso-restruc-dt@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-restruc-dt] Q18 on thresholds - chairs and vice chairs
  • From: "Tim Ruiz" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 06:22:31 -0700

The fact that both houses have veto power may be the key to keeping
a stalemate from occurring. I wouldn't want a lower threshold or
leave it that one house can dig in their heels and force the default.

Why not leave it as Philip suggests and we deal with it when
and if it does turn out to be a problem.

If everyone agrees that there should be a default, then I would
prefer that the default be that the Vice Chairs serve as Co-Chairs
for that term.

Tim