ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-restruc-dt]

RE: [gnso-restruc-dt] Followup from the meeting.

  • To: Tim Ruiz <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Gomes,Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-restruc-dt] Followup from the meeting.
  • From: Milton L Mueller <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 10:19:38 -0400

Tim
I will need an important clarification on this. Forgive me but I was not on the
call.

The text you proposed _seems to_ only say that the 3 seats CURRENTLY assigned
to NCUC will fold into NCSG. That's fine.

I hope that it doesn't mean, that the seats are tied to NCUC and NCUC will
still exist, and that there will be some constituency-based allocation of
Council seats.

Once the NCSG is created, there isn't supposed to be an NCUC anymore. A generic
constituency for "noncommercial users" simply doesn't make sense as one
constituency in a "Noncommercial Stakeholders Group." The idea of our charter
is that NCSG would elect its Council seats on an integrated basis, not on the
basis of constituencies.

So anything that permanently ties Council seats to specific constituencies is
not acceptable.

Does everyone understand it this way?

--MM