ICANN ICANN Email List Archives


<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

[gnso-review-dt] Planning for Plan B

  • To: Jen Wolfe <jwolfe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-review-dt] Planning for Plan B
  • From: William Drake <wjdrake@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 09:24:51 +0200


Looking good, thanks for the edits and renumbering.  One clarification please:

> On Sep 22, 2015, at 8:43 PM, Jen Wolfe <jwolfe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Pending feedback from Council, we will either proceed with providing this to 
> the OEC or, if there is objection in the community or from Council, we will 
> notify the OEC that there is concern about Revised Recommendation 23 and that 
> a more formal statement with be forthcoming, pending time for review and 
> comment.

Seeing J. Scott’s message this morning, it may be that we can’t get consensus 
within the WP as step 1.  If we are also thinking that there would need to be a 
consensual endorsement for Councilors as step 2 (I’m not entirely clear on 
this) then the chances of being able to send a WP text probably slip further.  
In the event, how should the interested parties proceed?

I can’t see any reason for each group that agrees with the text to go off on 
its own and spend cycles trying to rewrite the same thoughts into its own 
language.  Too much else to do and too little time.  Why not instead simply 
have a sign on to this letter by the coalition of the willing?  That way we 
could get something sent off before the OEC’s Monday meeting.


<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy