ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rn-wg]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

[gnso-rn-wg] Re: Kick-Off Meeting for RN-WG

• To: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-rn-wg] Re: Kick-Off Meeting for RN-WG
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 09:27:59 +0100

Hello everyone

Thanks to Chuck for sending this information out.

Please let me know directly if you need any additional information beyond what Chuck has sent. I haven't sent it directly to the list just yet because I don't want to overload you prior to the first meeting.

Kind regards.

Liz

Liz Williams
Senior Policy Counselor
ICANN - Brussels
+32 2 234 7874 tel
+32 2 234 7848 fax
+32 497 07 4243 mob

On 24 Jan 2007, at 01:44, Gomes, Chuck wrote:

Let me start by apologizing for the fact that most of you will probably receive this message twice. The reason for that is that I am sending it to the RN-WG mailing list set up by ICANN as well as to a distribution list that I established for my own use. I did that for two reasons: 1) there is at least one person who as volunteered that is not yet on the ICANN list; 2) because I have not received responses to my test messages from several members, it is not clear that the ICANN list is working for everyone.

The kick-off meeting for the Reserved Names Working Group is officially scheduled as follows:

Thursday, 25 January, 2007 at 19:00 (07:00 pm) UTC, Dublin

11:00 PST, Sacramento/San Francisco/Las Vegas/Bellevue
    13:00 CST (1:00 pm) Cedar Rapids
    14:00 (2:00 pm) EST, New York/Washington DC
    20:00 (8:00 pm) CET Brussels
    07:00 (07:00 am next day) Wellington

Glen will be sending the call information via the RN-WG list. If you do not receive it by COB Wednesday, please let me know so that I can get it to you. Here is my contact information: cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx; (O) +1 916 681-0389; (M) +1 703 362-8753.

Please note that I attached the Statement of Work (SoW). You will see that there a couple highlighted changes. Those changes were made by me in an effort to attempt to incorporate the changes that were approved when the SoW was approved by the Council last week.

Action item before meeting: please review the SoW and identify any questions you have. (We will be discussing the SoW as part of our agenda in the kick-off meeting).

I have also attached a draft agenda. As you can see, we will discuss and approve a final agenda at the beginning of the meeting.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I am aware that we will likely have additional members added between now and the kick- off meeting; we will do our best to get them added to the WG list and to inform them of the call details. For those of you who may not be able to participate in the kick-off meeting, the meeting will be recorded and transcribed and the MP3 and transcription should be available by Friday; please listen/review to come up to speed before our next meeting which may be as soon as one week.

In closing, I want to express special thanks to Glen de Saint Gery and Kent Krispin for their outstanding and timely support in getting us up and running.

Chuck Gomes
Interim Chair
<Statement of Work - WG Reserved Names - Council Approved .doc>
<Agenda for RN-WG - 25 Jan 07.doc>

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy