ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rn-wg]

RE: [gnso-rn-wg] Interest Statements for all WG members

  • To: <gnso-rn-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-rn-wg] Interest Statements for all WG members
  • From: "Marilyn Cade" <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 18:17:16 -0500

Dear colleagues

Just a reminder as the 'fill in chair' for tomorrow. Chuck Gomes, our chair
reminded us on Feb. 2  that all WG members submit Interest Statements in
order to participate in the WG. If there are no statements submitted then a
member will need to drop out and submit the Interest statement and then
return to the WG. He set a deadline of tomorrow's call. Since Glen is out
ill, we are a little handicapped in verifying who might have sent her an
Interest Statement, rather than sending it to the list.  Thus, if you have
submitted an Interest Statement but only to the chair and Glen, please
resend it to our staff support: Tim Denton, who is cc'd above. If you
haven't submitted one yet, please do so by the time of the call and send it
to the list.  Most everyone has their interest statements in. If there are
areas that need additional updates, that can be done as Chuck did by
submitting a 'revised statement of interest'.

As our chair reminded all - the interests statements should indicate where
you have 'interests' in the outcome of the work of the WG. Most everyone
will have 'interests'. It is important to be transparent about declaring
them.

>From reviewing the list of who has posted the interest statement to the full
list I found the following names;

Chuck Gomes

Tim Ruiz

Revised statement from Chuck Gomes

Neal Blair

Avri Doria

Michael Palage

Mike Rodenbaugh

Jon Nevett

Alistair Dixon

Caroline Greer

Lucila King

Marilyn Cade *

*Although I sent mine in, it was to Chuck and Glen. I'll post it again,
separately.

I want to refresh everyone's memory that for the work of the WG, they should
rely on the ToR as the reference document. I saw one question about whether
this WG was limited to second and third level. That is not the case. The WG
is going to address the overall topic of reserved names, with then several
specific categories of the treatment of reserved names.  If you don't have
easy access to the Terms of Reference, approved by the GNSO Council, I just
attached the excerpt provided by the Secretariat following the Council's
affirming vote to approve the Working Group on Reserved Names.

We will work quickly through the agenda. For those who have reports, please
plan to make them succinct and to have your written documents posted to the
list before the call so that everyone has whatever written materials you
have completed.

The agenda is on the archive. It had a date error on the actual document.
I've fixed the error and pasted a copy of the agenda on this email.
Otherwise, the agenda is as prepared by the Chair and posted 2 Feb 2007.

We will work to a 90 minute schedule for the call.

Thanks, everyone, for your participation.

Remember our work is transcribed so you can refresh your memory of our work
quickly.

To find the archive of the WG, go to www.gnso.icann.org
<http://www.gnso.icann.org/> ; look on the far left 'blue' list, click on
mailing lists, and scroll down to Task Force Mailing List Archives. You will
see the reserved names WG as the last entry there.

Marilyn Cade/filling in as temp. chair for tomorrow's WG meeting