ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rn-wg]

RE: [gnso-rn-wg] Comments on ICANN/IANA Reserved Names Reports/and other thoughts

  • To: "'Michael D. Palage'" <Michael@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'Gomes, Chuck'" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-rn-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-rn-wg] Comments on ICANN/IANA Reserved Names Reports/and other thoughts
  • From: "Marilyn Cade" <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 10:31:19 -0500

Mike, I am not sure why this list of names is 'suspect', though. I know you
raised questions, but remember that not everyone agreed with you.

But to the larger point of how views and researched views from experts are
captured, I would assume that we would gather up the various points of view
and document them in a section of the report in brief fashion. I think that
was what was intended in the SoW and that would be one of Tim's tasks, as
the retained staff person. That would allow for majority views and minority
views to be documented. Am I right, Mr. Chair?

The real challenge is to get all views identified and captured and not just
have a sub group limit itself to only consideration of one perspective or
two... and that seems to be the present work underway. Since the full WG
will need to read the sub group report and understand it and agree to it re
levels of support...