ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rn-wg]

RE: [gnso-rn-wg] 2nd level single character proposal

  • To: "'Mike Rodenbaugh'" <mxr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Gomes, Chuck'" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Avri Doria'" <avri@xxxxxxx>, "'Marilyn Cade'" <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-rn-wg] 2nd level single character proposal
  • From: "Edmon Chung" <edmon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 11:11:47 +0800

It feels like that if the GNSO is to develop any specifics around the
allocation of single character 2LD it would probably be more appropriate for it
to be a set of criteria or a framework rather than "an allocation method".  It
seems unnecessary and perhaps inappropriate to dictate "an" allocation method
to all gTLDs (given these are 2nd level domains).
Edmon