ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rn-wg]

RE: [gnso-rn-wg] RN-WG Questions: Report detail

  • To: "Tim Ruiz" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-rn-wg] RN-WG Questions: Report detail
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 09:25:33 -0400

Thanks Tim for the helpful thoughts. I still have one question for the
topic of controversial names that has been briefly discussed during the
RN-WG work and has also been discussed in the Dec05 PDP: how do we avoid
a situation where it is too easy for any individual or organization
(including governments) to dispute a name and thereby cause
significantly delays for proposed gTLDs.  That just seems like to likely
a possibility to me.  It might make sense to recommend that any
follow-on work focus on that issue.

Chuck Gomes