ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rn-wg]

[gnso-rn-wg] Two forgotten items in today's meeting

  • To: "GNSO RN WG" <gnso-rn-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-rn-wg] Two forgotten items in today's meeting
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 20:40:51 -0400

In my rush in trying to complete the agenda today I forgot two items: 1)
discussion about including the draft GAC report in our final document;
2) a request from Kristina Rosette, chair of the PRO-WG.

1)  As most of you may have seen, both Mike Palage and Avri Doria
believe that it is appropriate to include the GAC draft report regarding
new gTLD principles in the final RN-WG report as well as in some of the
subgroup reports.  Marilyn Cade communicated that she recommends that it
not be included.  And I have essentially supported Marilyn's position.
I will not repeat any of the list discussion on this but will leave that
for you to read on your own.  I would appreciate it if others would
communicate your opinion on this so that I can get a broader sense of
the group.  In the meantime, I will send Suzanne Sene a message asking
if the GAC considers it a public document and if it is okay for us to
include it in our report with clear qualification that it is a draft
document, yet to be finalized.

2)  Here is Kristina's request: "It's my understanding that there are
some RN WG issues or points on which PRO consultation/advice/discussion
has been suggested.  As it is inevitable that some relevant background
will get lost in the translation if I introduce the topic, it would be
most helpful if the RN WG point person on the particular issue could do
so.  "Introduction" could be by way of a short email to me - that I will
then post on the PRO list - that sets out what the issue is, what the
request for PRO is, and what the requested output is (e.g., answer to a
question, suggested wording).  Alternatively, that person would be
welcome to participate at the end of our weekly call and make a 5-minute
presentation."  Note that the PRO-WG has a call tomorrow, Tuesday, 13
March at 19:00 UTC, an hour later than the call we had today.  If any of
the working group members wants to respond to Kristina, please feel free
to do so: Rosette, Kristina [krosette@xxxxxxx].

Chuck Gomes