ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rn-wg]

Re: [gnso-rn-wg] Updated Controversial names report

  • To: GNSO RN WG <gnso-rn-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-rn-wg] Updated Controversial names report
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 15:36:16 -0400

Hi,

On 13 mar 2007, at 15.00, Tim Ruiz wrote:

Avri, did you get the version I sent with my comments edited? In any event, I changed the first paragraph to the text below but left the other two unchanged:

The basis for my support of the straw recommendation is the desire that all applications for a new gTLD be evaluated against transparent and predictable criteria, fully available to the applicants prior to the initiation of the process, and that it is impossible for ICANN to pre-determine all terms that may be morally offensive or of national, cultural or religious significance for all of the world’s cultures and create predictable criteria for applicants.

I did not get it, but have made the change you indicated in the attached.

thanks
a.