ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rn-wg]

Re: [gnso-rn-wg] Updated Controversial names report

  • To: marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-rn-wg] Updated Controversial names report
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 17:30:14 -0400

hi,

In this particular case, i surrendered completed.

We now use Denise's recomended wording and speak about 'some government's concerns'. I have also, in this case, given into all pressure on even removing references to the publicly available copies of the draft and removed comments to the effect that we were forced to remove GAC quotes due to ICANN's enforcement of GAC polices on the behavior of an SO. Tim also removed all mention of unmentionable GAC principles in his sections of the report.

I.e I think this report has now been scrubbed clean.

a.