ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rn-wg]

RE: [gnso-rn-wg] Geographic and Geopolitical Names

  • To: "'Gomes, Chuck'" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'GNSO RN WG'" <gnso-rn-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-rn-wg] Geographic and Geopolitical Names
  • From: "Michael D. Palage" <Michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 10:11:27 -0400

Chuck,

While on first glance I had no objections to your original changes, upon
closer review there was one change that you did propose that I believe
does represent a substantial change in the thinking of the group. I just
want to flag this point in case I am unable to attend today's call
because of prior commitments that may run late.

In the mark ups to our recommendation you added the following qualifying
language "for new gTLDs". The thinking within the group, and correct me
if I am wrong Avri or John, is that we wanted ALL registries (both
exisiting and future) to comply with their national laws.

Therefore, I would strike the additional qualifying language that you
had added restricting our recommendations to just "new gTLDs".

Thanks

Mike